Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sugar Bugs


Today was Konnor's first real trip to the dentist! The first was when he was a year old and that doesn't count :) Anyways, I have talked to him about this day for a couple weeks now. I told him that the dentist was going to count his teeth, yada yada. This morning, I decided to get creative and got a rubbermaid container and sprinkled a little bit of pepper in it (yes, you'll see why!). I put a lid on the container and took it to Konnor in the bathroom. I told him we needed to brush his teeth and shake the sugar bugs into the bowl to take to the dentist and show the dentist that the sugar bugs are all gone. So, Konnor brushed is little teeth and tapped his toothbrush on the rim of the bowl and I'd quickly put the lid on it so that the "sugar bugs wouldn't escape!" Boy what a hit that idea was!! When we were all done brushing, he carried that little bowl around so proudly with his sugar bugs in them. As the "bugs" crawled up to the lid, he'd tap the lid so that they'd fall back in the bowl :) The true test was to come!...long story short, he did SOOOO well and was very well behaved. His first experience was surely memorable and pleasant. The dentist chuckled when Konnor proudly showed him his "sugar bugs"!!! Let's see how he does in 6 months when he goes back again for another check up and cleaning!!

1 comment:

  1. LOL! That is certainly a new approach! That's a new one on me... How ingenious! I love it...And how great that he did so well with it all. You're off on the right foot, that's for sure! I'm sure you've inspired many others now to copy your idea!! Ü

    ReplyDelete