Monday, July 13, 2009

Words, Words, Words...I need more Words!

I started my book like I promised and I am so excited about it!! I need a minimum of 50,000 words (my short-term goal) and I'm sitting a little above 8,000. In between taking care of the kids, dealing with my own issues, and trying to enjoy the beautiful Alaskan summer, I just have to write when I can. I'm loving it, though! I have to admit that it is somewhat anxiety-inducing to be doing this because I am having revisit some memories I was hoping to suppress. But, I hope that my book will help other women out there and maybe offer them some hope and reassurance. So with that in mind, I keep plucking along...actually, typing along. Thanks for all of your support thus far. Who knows how long this will take (hopefully in 6 months I'll have my 50,000 words!), but I'll keep you posted.

I also constantly think of where this can take me and what I can do with this WHEN I make it happen! I know of a local postpartum support group that I can be a guest speaker at...I can possibly help within the Family Advocacy/New Parent Support area on base...I just don't know! But at least I have possibilities :)

On another note...I found out a few days ago that I indeed have Hashimoto's Disease. Not a shock to me because I have been begging doctors for the past couple of years to test me for it. So now we know why my thyroid is doing what it's doing. I will see the doctor in a couple of weeks and believe the next step is an ultrasound of my thyroid to see what is going on in there. So far, we can't find a dosage that my thyroid will respond to and it's quite frustrating. But I am starting to get answers and I take pride in the fact that I am so proactive with this disease and my doctor...if I wasn't, who knows what shape I'd be in now! So my thyroid battles continue...

Thanks again for all your support! I know I have many readers b/c I get emails about it. I wish I had time to sit down and keep up with my blog b/c I'm continuously coming up with creative topics. One of these days, right??

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's great progress! I hadn't known you were working at it soooo diligently! But don't miss out on that awesome Alaskan summer you're having! Before too long you'll be watching the taletell signs of winter on the fireweed! LOL

    ReplyDelete